Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

How should best items be obtained?
1. Rare Drop (Like rainbow belt, but only from say earl ice gargs)
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
2. Areas like Prison or cohors (repeated runs for a chance to get the gear)
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
3. Bought with gold (hundreds of k or even millions per piece)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
4. Crafted through proffessions (For lots of gold also, and max blacksmith, soulbound meaning not tradeable))
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
5. Like tower end items (which i feel is too easy and building new areas is very hard/timely)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
6. Something else (name it in comments)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
7. A combination of all of 6 of these options
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Are you meaning shadow helm &/or math caps?

I can't claim the idea, but the more I think about it I think the more I like it... Lazywarrior told me about it.

Have uniques dropped randomly and then put a random timer on them.

So, for example, Shadow helm drops and you have X weeks to use it before it expires and is recycled for the next lucky user.

I say have the respawn location in Earl ice pents. My reasoning, because besides the pole and the secret chest, nobody goes in there. Plus Earl ice is harder than baron UW.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Offended wrote:
Are you meaning shadow helm &/or math caps?

I can't claim the idea, but the more I think about it I think the more I like it... Lazywarrior told me about it.

Have uniques dropped randomly and then put a random timer on them.

So, for example, Shadow helm drops and you have X weeks to use it before it expires and is recycled for the next lucky user.

I say have the respawn location in Earl ice pents. My reasoning, because besides the pole and the secret chest, nobody goes in there. Plus Earl ice is harder than baron UW.

Was more along the line of new items or items similar or exactly champion weapons, or better weapons.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

champion weapons/ankh belt/prison amulet etc?

Do not limit your thinking only to what is currently in game.

There are also rings, helms, cloaks, chests, legs and boots.

Note: If I could work out how to get the client to scroll, there are actually 20 places for items to be worn (you just cant see them because they cant be scrolled).

I like the idea of using rare farmed items like cohors or prison to make stuff.
I have added the concern on soulbound items to the list for professions.

I had to laugh at the rare drops being good ad the random chests being bad. Both are driven by the random function. Any differences are largely driven by your perceptions. The only real difference is that with the chest the random event is directly triggered by your action.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Random drops can be obtained by going about your daily activities such as penting or whatever, rng chests require you to invest time into an activity that does not otherwise reward you if you dont roll the magic number on rng.

It isn't the same thing by a massive distance. Rng chests are by function much more limited in terms of accessibility unless you just blatantly drop a chest in middle of the temple. Content around the chest also limits acquisition by players to the elder game which is problematic for lower levels who could potentially participate in random drops.

I am quite sure you like the idea of farmed rare items as a material for higher end stuff but that is only if you have not played prison or cohors long enough. Once you hit the 50 runs without a piece of prison gear, you realize that you have completely lost your time without anything to show for it except gpots. This is a terrible feeling which I am sure has pushed many players away.

Rizpah
Corporal
Corporal

I have mostly given up on prison and only go when Daedalus asks me to, or at least I did before rebirth. I ran it at least 40 times and not one piece while others, like Daedalus, have 3 pieces in the same amount of runs. I can understand the appeal of using end game gear to make better gear but it has to be at least be not randomly attained.

On a side note: The 100k exp scrolls, which were the majority of my rewards, are basically pointless. I can get 3-5 times as much exp penting for the same amount of time.

Kane
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Rng in this game works against us all the time

Just to be clear when I said materials from prison like areas I meant a chest that has a 100% drop rate for a material used for crafting it. I don't know anything about blacksmithing but if it's really that unpractical to level then maybe the materials can be traded with an npc similar to Plat in clan halls for ch items. The number of drops required to buy a piece of equipment can be decided by admin.

WoW basically had this where youd grind dungeons for points to buy equipment.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

What if platinum gained in clan kills/mining could be used to buy items?

Only problem with this is that people can be killed for plat easily and people can basically "feed" other clans kills intentionally.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Yes, I go with Kane's point, actually most games have always specific items that you can get at a cost of grinding currencies, whether it be Cash/money currencies, Items dropped by running an instance currencies or farmeable items collected through out an area/areas.

These items usually count towards end gear as they will take a few weeks or months worth of grinding and the good thing is you get your time's worth. RNG is good as it gives the game that non linear result, because sometimes someone (like in the examples above) could be really lucky and get his full gear in 4 runs, while the next person could run 40 times and have 1 piece drop while the former way added to this RNG gives the players an extra option, that, well, might take longer sometimes but it has a 100% reward effect.

Okay, if you add something new to the game then an area will be abandoned?

No, you can simply incorporate item drops inside chests inside those areas with a 50% or 100% chance of drop, so while you are farming a really good item, (and you get unlucky and never get it) you might get a similar item or better because at the same time you were getting that Random dropped item you were also getting Special trade-able items and now you have 500 of those and you can trade them for a similar (or could be way different) item that has the a similar boost to maybe same stats or other stats.

Another option could be like, lets say, the drop of an item rate is 1 in 20 runs (lets say) SO make an item worth 20-30 of those items that drop in that instance and if you were reaaaaaally unlucky and didn't get anything you can still feel happy because you are getting the itme you want, but at a cost of less stats? lets say dropped item gives +7 and the one you trade +5?

I mean to get a full set on being lucky if 1/20 you would need 80 runs, but what if all 4 drops are the same piece of gear? kind sucks, right? But hence you ran 80 runs now you have enough to get 4 items or 2 depending on of course how many items you need to trade to get 1, so you didn't waste your time, you still got a decent item but not the best, you can always keep grinding for the best, but it's up to you. (Could also make the item roll random stats +7 being the max and +4 the lowest, just to add that RNG there Wink ) So the item could be as good or not so good.

Or add new areas that can also drop different items, you could have 2 currencies, or 3 or 4, each currencies has 4-6 different items, and so also, different stats they raise, so you can pick which to farm depending on your race.

Ketchup
Corporal
Corporal

I would love to see more unique gears like ankh belt/prison stuff etc. It diversifies builds and gives ppl incentive to play and group up. However... Iwouldnt be ok with champ type weapons being obtained without doing the champ quests.. whats the point of champ quests then if you can just get a weapon thats equal to or better later on without taking part in the race. I like having places like prison and cohors with chances to get the desired item (s) but I realize making new areas is time consuming so if rare drops for crafting or w.e. were implemented that would be cool too. Bottom line more unique items can only be good in my opinion.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

What about items similar to seyan sword. Where say every time you complete the area the item you get from said area gets powered up a bit. Say it's an amulet it starts at +3 all stats and ankh regen. Every time you complete the area again with said amulet equipped it gets +1 to a random stat.

Ketchup
Corporal
Corporal

Items that could be powered up would be cool as well. Especially if its forever upgradable >=). Id like to see more armors tho (legs/arms/cape) or even new slots for gear like LL was saying that can be solely for these new upgradable gear. Maybe under armor type slots for helm,body, arms, legs etc.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

http://aranock.forumotion.net/t3186-a-new-alternative-to-ss-and-end-game-gear

Refer to this post,

LL and I talked about it a little bit and I started some work on the structure of it but LL went silent and I didn't follow through. Think this is the grind we need.