Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Lets talk about Compulsion. 
Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

It is horribly broken, and don't try to deny it. Lt Col Sorc can just solo lab 12 without drugs. Or walk through barbarian mountains, emmy cave without worry. Something is totally wrong with this spell.

Few options I think would be great, listed in order of what I think should happen.

1. Just get rid of it.
2. Make it so instead of being against Resistance, calculates a damage value similar to blast, instead of dealing the damage it checks if the damage is greater than mobs remaining HP, if it is it becomes your pet. Limit to 1.
3. Limit to 1, raise difficulty to hit, remove transfer.
4. Seriously just get rid of this spell.

Thoughts? Does anyone think this spell is actually balanced or should even be in the game?

Motoko
Major General
Major General

old and has been changed since, but for some reference:

http://aranock.forumotion.net/t2358-sorry-but-compulsion-is-incredibly-overpowered?highlight=compulsion

but yes compulse is still broken.
 Re: Lets talk about Compulsion. 
Asmodeus
Major
Major

Lurker wrote:
It is horribly broken, and don't try to deny it. Lt Col Sorc can just solo lab 12 without drugs. Or walk through barbarian mountains, emmy cave without worry. Something is totally wrong with this spell.

Few options I think would be great, listed in order of what I think should happen.

1. Just get rid of it.
2. Make it so instead of being against Resistance, calculates a damage value similar to blast, instead of dealing the damage it checks if the damage is greater than mobs remaining HP, if it is it becomes your pet. Limit to 1.
3. Limit to 1, raise difficulty to hit, remove transfer.
4. Seriously just get rid of this spell.

Thoughts? Does anyone think this spell is actually balanced or should even be in the game?

Laughable points (1,3,4). Compulsion has been nerfed to shit already. Most of the high level content is protected against it. Your argument while valid, is very biased. Yes a Lt col sorc can solo lab12 without drugs but it isn't without danger. It isn't like compulse makes them invulnerable. Mistakes will get them killed. The mana cost is very difficult to offset at low ranks without potions. The lost focus and resist on it also happens quite often. These are all situations that limit the "broken" efficiency of compulsion. At this point in time, it is near useless in pents and only used to improve kill speed.

Just to balance your point, sorcerors and AH have no WV, no capacity to deal any real damage at low levels. AH get blast2 but sorc get nothing. Limiting it to 1 from 3 would make it useless. But you know what, I'm all for it as long as seyans get their sword removed or nerfed. I'm all for it if sorc/ah spells bypass immunity. That is the caliber of your request here, nerf a class to shit. AH without compulse can manage, sorc on the other hand will find their time in this game much less enjoyable.

I am sorry but these please nerf topics are really disgusting to me. In a game that has nearly no more population, that has already increased tedium due to poorly planned out and executed changes, that has a significant level of discontent in terms of class balance... We get these topics. What does it matter if a sorc can solo lab12 at ltcol without drugs? They already could with stun... Is it that you want only seyans to be able to solo content or what? I am really not getting the purpose or the apparent anger in your topic. Also if you want a nerf at least propose something more diversified than limit to 1 or remove.

Thanks

Asmodeus
Major
Major

To answer something as well. I think most people are fine with where arch skills are at the moment. People may have been angry at the advantage AH and sorc had with the old version of compulsion but the issue isn't that compulse is OP, it is that other arch skills are utter garbage. Harden? SH2? Poison (lol at that one), DW? None of those match up to C2, B2 or Compulse. That is more the issue because new arch skills did not give as great of a boost to other classes. Instead of nerfing a valid and different playstyle, why not buff the bad ones?

Make everyone happy instead of making people mad.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Just because some other classes have worse skills, or there isn't a current better option. Doesn't mean compulsion is a good spell or that there isn't a better method of making a balanceable good spell in the game.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Lurker wrote:
Just because some other classes have worse skills, or there isn't a current better option. Doesn't mean compulsion is a good spell or that there isn't a better method of making a balanceable good spell in the game.

Actually compulsion is the most unique spell in this game and quite honestly the only spell that allows you to play in a significantly different way than v2. I think that should be fostered.

Ketchup
Corporal
Corporal

Asmodeus knows whats up. Comp has been nerfed to the point of it being near useless. Its trash in pents unless you like to babysit your comps the whole time..and even then i can pent much faster without them anyways while getting more exp. In ice/uw if you comp something it starts out on fast so everything within a mile can see it and pulls mobs while being permastunned and killed in 2 seconds... same goes for anywhere... comping in u3? Its dead instantly as an example. If you move up in pents and comp stronger stuff you need to backtrack all the way to where you were wanting to pent wasting time and even then comps only last 30 mins max whereas gc lasts forever. And if you arent babysitting them and make sure you transfer them before 30 mins they poof and you get nothing. Ill admit its nice to 1shot something but you get nothing for it no exp no items (keys) and with the introduction of comp/stun immunity that just makes sorcs weaker considerring stun is their bread and butter regardless of comp. Also. At 200 mod concentrate comp still costs 50some mana so its not like you can just roll around comping everything without popping pots constantly. I have alts of each race and in my opinion the op race is seyan not sorc. My seyan pounds thru everything with ease and theres not much thought needed you can basically afk and destroy everything. Sorc is squishy and if you arent paying attention you will prob die even at high ranks...so if anything comp could be adjusted but I dont think further nerfing is needed. theres my 2 cents anyways =)

Rizpah
Corporal
Corporal

Comp is not useless in UW. A lot of the pents in UW are too close together for easy stun run so I use comp as bait much like harakims and their gcs and mana should never be an issue unless you are comping too much.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Rizpah wrote:
Comp is not useless in UW. A lot of the pents in UW are too close together for easy stun run so I use comp as bait much like harakims and their gcs and mana should never be an issue unless you are comping too much.

Base cost is what? 150mana? You need a lot of concentrate to make that worthwhile. I don't think Ketchup is saying it is totally useless, but to be nerf deserving for using it in UW is another thing altogether. Just like he said, right now the mega OP class is seyan. With rebirth, even more so. We hear people complaining about compulsion but they don't complain about 170 wv, increased spell bonus, capacity to clear areas in mere seconds and having blast2. Sorry but uninformed topics such as this are problematic to the health of the game.

It is even worse because there is no point in nerfing anything in the game anymore. Every time we get a massive game mechanic change the population drops. When gpot chests got changed, we had upto 15 players online on weekends. When that dropped, I can say that I personally received messages from a few that got so angry that they didn't log for months. The necro change has had a few players drop their necros in favor of other classes. Doing that to 2 of the most popular classes is over kill. It is sad that the longevity of this beautiful game is not taken into consideration more often.